Headspace vials are typically heated to drive volatiles into the vapor phase for analysis. FEP-faced silicone seals are widely used for their chemical inertness combined with exceptional sealing and resealing properties, however heating can release volatiles from the silicone seal itself.
This means that siloxane contaminants may interfere with the sample analysis. CRS Ultra-Clean™ seals offer a significant reduction in volatiles and semi-volatiles, reducing the overall risk of sample contamination.
Ultra-Clean seals retain the same excellent sealing and resealing properties of traditional seals.
• Low volatiles and outgassing
Surface Treatments and Coatings:
• Lower friction and easy release after exposure to high temperatures
• Reduced tack resists dust/particulate sticking
• Most elastomers and many configurations possible
Application Specific Testing:
• Measurement of mechanical properties
• Leak rates
• Chemical Analysis
Markets and Applications:
• Headspace cap liners
• Cap septa for (liquid) sample vials
• Vacuum and Optical applications where polymer outgassing is a concern
• Trace Analysis
• Analytical Instrumentation
• Automated sample Handling/Analysis
• Healthcare and Medical Supplies
• Pharmaceutical Enclosures
If you have questions about CRS Ultra-Clean Seals please don't hesitate to contact us at
+1 (502) 491-6300 or Sales@ChromRes.com.
You can request samples or order this product here.