Various types of silicone seals are widely used for their chemical inertness and exceptional sealing and resealing properties. Over the past few years CRS has been developing technologies that elevate seal performance beyond anything currently on the market. We have vastly improved the overall cleanliness and level of volatile emissions, and we are able to change surface properties of the seal when required.
In processing samples, heating can release volatiles from the silicone seal itself. This means that siloxane contaminants may interfere with the sample analysis. CRS Ultra™ seals offer a significant reduction in volatiles and semi-volatiles, reducing the overall amount of sample contamination. The Ultra Seals retain the same excellent sealing and resealing properties of traditional seals.
Treatments and Coatings
CRS treatments can lower friction and reduce sticking caused by high temperature exposure. Additionally, our coatings can change the surface polarity or charge, which actually alters the surface interaction and reduces part sticking caused by static.
• Ultra-Low volatiles and outgassing
• Ultra-Low leachables and extractables
Surface Treatments and Coatings:
• Lower friction
• Easy release after exposure to high temperatures
• Reduced tack resists dust/particulate sticking
• Reduced part sticking in auto-feeders due to static
• Most elastomers and many configurations possible
Application Specific Testing:
• Measurement of mechanical properties
• Leak rates
• Chemical Analysis
Markets and Applications:
• Headspace cap liners
• Cap septa for (liquid) sample vials
• Vacuum and Optical applications where polymer outgassing is a concern
• Trace Analysis
• Analytical Instrumentation
• Automated sample Handling/Analysis
• Healthcare and Medical Supplies
• Pharmaceutical Enclosures
If you have questions about CRS Ultra™ Seals please don't hesitate to contact us at
+1 (502) 491-6300 or Sales@ChromRes.com.